Author Topic: Accountant in SE Michigan  (Read 1637 times)

Derby

• View Profile
Accountant in SE Michigan
« on: September 26, 2017, 02:39:00 PM »
I'm David Derby, EA.

The "EA" means enrolled agent - a designation from the IRS that requires demonstrated knowledge of both individual and business tax, and allows me to represent you in an IRS audit or appeal.

I specialize in startups and small business accounting. For your small business cloud accounting software, I recommend Xero.com. I can help you set up your accounting in Xero so that you can do your own bookkeeping and get good information from it. If you like, I'll review and adjust your books monthly, quarterly or annually to ensure it's giving you, and your tax accountant, accurate and helpful info.

I also do payroll, and can advise you on considerations of electing your LLC to be taxed as an S Corp. Keith's article is a great rule of thumb; I can advise you on the details, like employee and owner benefits and how often to run payroll.

And of course, I do tax preparation for individuals and small business, with an eye to keeping down your effective tax rate this year and in the future.

I am local to Flint, Michigan. However, I'll prepare your taxes and run payroll, for any state. I can do small business accounting remotely anywhere via Xero, Wave, or Quickbooks Online.

You can contact me at 810-931-1469 or at derby-accounting.com
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 03:55:47 PM by Derby »